Saturday, June 6, 2009

We Have News...

I haven't posted sooner because I really don't know what to say. We have lost our referral. On Thursday, our agency called with some very disturbing news. They said as they were getting the paperwork together for us to make our first visit (this includes a medical exam of the baby) and the neurologist diagnosed our baby with Cerebral Palsy. They called us with this info. and our options. Well, on Friday all of those "options" went out the window. They said our coordinators in Russia, thinking they were doing the right thing, went to the MoE and got us a new referral as we didn't sign on for a "special needs child." Well, since this was a special case the MoE granted their request. In Russia, you can't have two referrals at the same time when you only requested one, so obviously this means the old referral is gone. Our little Hope is now longer ours. I guess the good news, if you want to see it that way, (I really can't right now.) is that we have a new referral. However, I know nothing about her. Our agency wants us to take the weekend to basically grieve, then they will give us the new info. on Monday. But, we will still, once again, have to send this new referral info. to our IA doc (who I am sure is getting tired of hearing from us by now, but loving the "donations" we have to keep making). Our agency is saying that if we accept her, she is paper ready (no waiting another 5 1/2 months) and we should travel the first half of July. Please pray for Hope. I hate the thought of just leaving her there, but it is out of my hands now. She is in God's hands. Silver lining...God's hands are much better than mine.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that this happened, but I am still praying. Just remember GOD IS IN CONTROL!
    Love
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your referral!! You're in my thoughts and prayers. Please, keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete