Wednesday, June 24, 2009
More travel details...
Okay, since I was so panicked yesterday, I will share more details now. We leave on Saturday, July 4Th. Our flight leaves at 10:10AM and we arrive in Russia on Sunday, July 5Th at 1:20PM local time. We will spend Sunday getting settled in our hotel. Then on Monday we will officially receive the referral of Julia and go meet her. Tuesday, we get to play with the baby for most of the day and have a little time to do some sightseeing. Wednesday, we will have our medical exam and sign our intent to adopt at the courthouse. Finally, on Thursday, we are free to come home. We should arrive home Thursday evening around 7:30PM. Thursday will be the longest day of our lives! We have to be at the airport at 4AM local time, then fly from St. Pete to Frankfurt to Washington DC to Charleston and still arrive home in time for dinner! WOW! I just realized how much that scares me! Anyway, I spent most of today preparing our visa applications and everything that goes along with those. Also, in the past 24 hours, I have booked our flights and hotel, bought clothes, went to a Dora Live! show with the boys, attended a fish fry at the in laws, sent out our visa stuff and now I will have a stroke!...or at least a nervous breakdown. Now, I get to spend tomorrow, updating documents and calling doctors to arrange the last few pieces of our dossier. Anyone know a psychiatrist that will do our exams for a decent amount of money? The only guy I can find that is local wants to charge us $3000! All he has to do is sign one document and give us a copy of his license...I don't think that is worth $3000. I found another guy that charges less, but he is in Fairmont and we would have to make two trips to him. I could really use your help, if you know of anyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment