We are officially scheduled to return to Russia for our third trip on Sept. 6Th. This trip will be ten days long. We will leave here on Sunday, Sept. 6, arrive in St. Petersburg on Monday afternoon, and spend the rest of Monday sleeping. Then on Tuesday, we go to work! We have to gather all of the necessary adoption documents and file for Julia's Russian passport. It takes four days for all of this to be finalized. On Friday, armed with every document possible, I will pick up my daughter, squeeze her tight and never let her go!!! No more handing her back to a caregiver, no more kissing her by, and no more leaving a chunk of my heart in a tiny little Russian orphanage!!! Oh, I can't wait! We spend Saturday getting to know each other. Then on Sunday, we travel to Moscow. On Monday, Julia will be examined by a doctor for her embassy appointment and Tuesday is our Embassy appointment. Finally, on Wednesday, September 16Th, the United States of America will have a new citizen...one Julia Ann Skidmore!!!
I have spent the past few days getting together the necessary documents for this final trip. I am finished with the paperwork for our visas, but still have a bit more left for the embassy appointment. Oh, and I have been buying baby girl clothes! I just LOVE pink and purple. I had a friend ask, "Are you going all princess pink or our you getting some colors that daddy likes?" My answer, "Daddy has had 6 1/2 years of his colors...it's my turn!" She will think she is a flower by the time I am done with her, hee hee hee!!! I will keep you updated, but the next couple weeks should be pretty boring (hopefully!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment