Julia has been with us one day longer than she was without us. She has truly transformed. It continues to amaze me every day. One day may not seem that important to you, but for me it is. It’s a turning point. I hope that she never remembers her life before coming home. When I started this blog, I told myself that I would only keep it during our adoption process to keep my family and friends updated. But then something unexpected happened…I made “cyber friends”. Some of you I have never met and some I have. But, you have all became friends and you can’t just go through a journey like this and then not tell your friends how it ends. After she came home, I told myself I would quit on her gotcha day, but then I realized it still wasn’t enough. But, the time has come. Julia deserves to live her life as normal as possible and for me that means this is her story to tell from now on. Maybe, one day, she will tell everyone. Maybe she won’t. But, I want it to be her decision, not mine.
When I was only 16 years old, I sat in a classroom full of preschoolers at Vacation Bible School and taught them that we are to love and care for one another. On one particular night, we had a mission project that involved sending shoes to and praying for orphans. I knew, one day, I would take it a step farther. I told my husband before we were married that I would adopt, one day. I don’t think he believed me…
I want to thank everyone that followed along, prayed with us, laughed with us, cried with us, and eventually rejoiced with us when our beautiful baby girl came home.
“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment