One year ago yesterday, we stood in a Russian orphanage and met our daughter. We were exhausted, nervous, anxious, and just plain out of sorts, but when they brought her trough the door none of that mattered. The baby home director said, "Russian, Russian, Russian, Mama y Papa, Russian, Russian, Russian" and literally tossed her at us. She was tiny and scared. But being the "nosey" little girl that I now know she is, she had to check us out. I can only imagine what was going through her head. We were huge compared to everyone she'd ever met, not to mention that we spoke gibberish. Also, let's face it, Daddy was a lot hairier than any person she had ever met too! One look into those inquisitive eyes and I knew she was the child God had prepared for us!
I'm sorry I didn't get to post yesterday, but we were out all day. Also, I would love to post some pics, but my SD cards and main computer are packed. I will post them as soon as I can. I have asked this before but not recently. God's calling to care for the widows and orphans is for ALL Christians. PLEASE do what you can! God will bless you for it! Look how he blessed us...with our own little angel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Awesome! She is precious!!!
ReplyDelete