It has been a while, so I thought I would give you an update. We are still waiting to hear from our facilitator in Russia for our travel dates. She is in the Leningrad Region and apparently this is a slow moving region. We were told that travel to this region usually happens in 3 to 8 weeks from the day we accepted our referral which was January 2ND. But, because Russia celebrates it's Christmas two weeks after us, our travel dates would probably be pushed back a little. I can deal with waiting now, but I pray that after I meet her I will be able to return to bring her home really quickly! I don't know how well I will be able to accept the thought of someone else taking care of my child a half of a world away.
I can't post real specific information about our child here but I can tell you a few things. Her middle name is going to be Hope and I am pretty sure her first name is going to be Elizabeth. Elizabeth Hope. Andy really likes this name, so I think this is it. (I named both of the boys, so I guess I can let Andy name one of our children.) I am really excited! I have already bought her two outfits. I have also bought everything we need to travel in Russia...a converter, a money belt (for Andy...I'm not wearing that much cash!), toys to leave with Hope (We will call her Elizabeth once the adoption is final.), a baby photo album with pictures of us and our home to leave with her, a VERY heavy coat and boots (Thanks for the help, Aunt Audra!), and much more! International travel is really expensive! The good news is that the Dollar/Ruble exchange rate is the best it has been in a VERY LONG time. It is the best I have ever personally seen it. So, this will literally save us thousands of dollars! I guess waiting has paid off in some ways. Anyway, please continue to pray for our journey as it is FAR from over. Although I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, we have really just arrived at the hard part. It will all be worth it in the end...I can't wait have my little one home!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment